Terms and Conditions
Your booking is made subject to the following terms and conditions:-
- All tours are exclusive and the same price for between one and seven people. Your booking is considered confirmed once we send out your confirmation.
- Our normal Cancellation Terms as outlined in the point below have been temporarily relaxed. The relaxation is in relation to any booking which requires to cancel due to COVID-19. Our COVID-19 cancellation terms are outlined here.
- If you wish to change any part of your confirmed booking you should inform us in writing as soon as possible. We will do our best to assist you, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to meet your request. If you cancel a booking up to 30 days in advance you receive a 75% refund of the total paid. Cancellations between 30 and 10 days before the tour receive a 50% refund. There is no refund if you cancel within 10 days of the tour or are not at the organised departure or pick-up point.
- Shore Excursion Tours only – If the ship fails to dock we will give a refund of 92%. We retain 8% to cover bank charges and admin costs.
- If you cancel within 10 days as a result of individual compelling and personal circumstances then we may consider a discretionary 50% refund.
- While Inverness Tours shall do everything reasonably possible to provide your tour itinerary and/or services as planned, we reserve the right to alter itineraries, guide, transport or accommodation if circumstances require us to do so. If we have to cancel a tour you receive a full refund of the amount paid and that is the extent of our obligation.
- Tour times are as stated in your confirmation document unless you have entered into an agreed updated arrangement with Inverness Tours Office or your guide.
- Food, accommodation, admissions and ferries to and from the islands are not included in the price of the tour. Guide lodgings on long tours is an extra that is always detailed in the individual FAQ tab for the tour.
- We are happy for you to enjoy bottled water and hard candies while we travel, but not other food and drink as they are viewed as hazardous both to yourselves and seat upholstery. If upholstery is marked beyond our personal ability to clean, then a fair charge will be made for professional valeting.
- We try to accommodate all abilities but please be aware that some of our tours may not be suitable. If you or any member of your party has particular requirements that may affect their ability to travel on our tour then please provide us with full details at the time of making your booking enquiry. We will then work with you to ensure that you enjoy the most appropriate version of the tour you want.
- We welcome children of all ages on our private tours (tours that you have booked for the exclusive use of your group/family). If you are travelling with children please do let us know before booking as some tours are not suited to young children. Also, by law we need to ensure that we provide the correct car seats. It is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that their child is seated in the provided car seat at all times.
- We encourage passengers to restrict themselves to one large suitcase and one carry-on bag per person. Luggage is carried free of charge but at the passenger’s own risk. It is the passenger’s responsibility to ensure that luggage is fit for travel, sturdy and waterproof. Travellers have to be able to lift their own luggage. You may have to carry your bag to and from your accommodation.
- We strongly recommend that passengers arrange suitable travel, medical and cancellation insurance.
- Data protection – In order to process your booking and ensure that your travel arrangements run smoothly, we will need to use the personal information which you provide to us (such as your name, address, contact details, any special requirements etc). We will not pass your information on to anyone who is not involved in providing (or arranging the provision of) any product or service related to your booking.
- Force Majeure – we will not have any liability to you if we are prevented from fulfilling our contractual obligations to you as a result of any event which is outwith our control. Such events may include (but are not limited to) war; terrorist activity or the threat of terrorist activity; civil commotion or riot; any action taken by a governmental or public authority; industrial disputes; collapse of buildings, fire, explosion or accident; traffic or road conditions or road closures; technical or mechanical breakdown; adverse weather conditions; natural disasters and all similar events or circumstances.
- Share-a-Tour-Plan – UNTIL THE CURRENT CORONAVIRUS SITUATION HAS PASSED THIS PLAN HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN.
- Feedback – We strive to continuously improve our service and our tours. We therefore welcome all feedback, and encourage our guests to make use of all usual and expected communication channels – reviews, social media, emails, telephone & even snail mail.
- If anything is unclear do call us on 01667-455699 or 44-1667-455699 if outside the UK.