Inverness Tours – COVID-19 Statement
That industry standard mark tells you that we’re Good to Go. Our guests are therefore again enjoying our driver guide tours and walking tours.
Training and Risk Assessment
Government & industry COVID-19 guidelines assisted us in creating risk assessments (now available to you on request). We have also introduced clear processes to maintain cleanliness and social distancing. All guides have been trained in the programme – “COVID security – Creating a safer work place”.
Normal Operating Procedures
- We only guide private groups, so there are no other travellers with you.
- Guides carry their own sanitiser and masks and we encourage you to do the same. We have vehicle sanitiser that you are welcome to use, and spare masks if you have forgotten your own.
- We all require masks in the vehicle (except the guide if 2m distant, or behind a screen, and speaking professionally). The guide will always wear a mask if you request it.
- We will follow your wishes in regard to mask wearing outside. It is not necessary to wear masks outside when more than 2 m apart. Each tour begins with a short talk on latest legislation and procedures. We check that everyone feels well, and agree our approach based on party size and any special needs.
- We deep-clean our vehicles by hand before and after each tour and carry antiviral spray and antibac. All vehicles get at least one “down-day” between groups.
- We limit passenger numbers to five, which removes shared touchpoints and provides the necessary social distancing. You enjoy plenty of out-of-vehicle time with stunning photostops which also facilitates full air changeover in the vehicles.
We feel strongly that we need to keep you up-to-date in this fast changing situation. So if you require information on the latest news, developments and legislation then please just get in touch by email. We are only too happy to share all the facts that we have, about the latest developments in Scotland. You can also take a look at the Scottish Government website HERE.
Our normal Cancellation Terms (read here) have been temporarily relaxed, in regards to any booking which requires to cancel due to COVID-19. If we are informed of cancellation (due to COVID-19) at least 3 days (72 hours) before pick-up then tours can be refunded on a sliding scale. We require to retain a modest fee to cover bank charges, admin and hosting credits. Depending on the length and complexity of your booking we will guarantee to refund between 85% and 95% of the cost of the tour. Please email us if you need to discuss this further.